WE BELIEVE AN IMPORTANT COMPONENT TO THE FUTURE OF LEARNING IS THE FREE FLOW OF INFORMATION. THEREFORE, WE HAVE MADE OUR CONTENT (THAT WE ARE LEGALLY ENTITLED TO) REPUBLISHABLE UNDER A CREATIVE COMMONS ATTRIBUTION-NO DERIVATIVES 4.0 INTERNATIONAL (CC BY-ND 4.0) LICENSE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL, PLEASE CONTACT US HERE.
tl;dr – You can republish any of our content that includes the republish button in the sidebar. Please do NOT edit the content in any way or remove the distribution tracker. By republishing any of our content you agree to abide by our guidelines listed out below on this page. Find all of our republishable content here.
- You cannot edit the contents of our articles. If you feel there is a need for material edits, please contact us with a list of suggested edits.
- Do not remove the distribution tracker when republishing online. This helps us analyze where and when content is republished. This is automatically included when you copy the HTML from the republish button.
- It’s OK to have advertisements and sell products on your site. However, the use of our articles should not create the impression that Singularity University or any applicable author is endorsing you, your products, goods, services, programs, events or websites.
- You have to link and credit the author, including their bio, and link back to us accordingly. It is our preference that you use DoFollow links when attributing our content. If you simply use our republish button, this will automatically be generated. Our preference is a credit at the top of the article and that you include our logo (available below).
- Ensure you have the license to republish images from our articles. The majority of our images are purchased stock images, or we gained exclusive rights from the creator to use them. Image attributions are included in each article for your reference. Do not include images you do not have a license to use to avoid infringing copyrights.
- You cannot republish any content or materials that do not have a republish button in the sidebar. Certain articles, posts, or content on Singularity Hub will not be republishable. These articles, posts, or content will not include a republish button.
If you have a unique case for how you would like to use our content, it is best to simply reach out to us directly. Below are some of the unique cases we have dealt with and the solutions.
- If you plan to translate a Singularity Hub article into a different language online, please follow our guidelines above and include the distribution tracker. Furthermore, we would greatly appreciate a copy, please contact us and provide a copy (whether scanned or an original print version).
- If you would like to print a Singularity Hub article (for newspapers, educational purposes, etc.), we ask that you please share with us how you used it. Similarly, if you translate the article and republish it in various print media formats, please let us know. Further, we would greatly appreciate a copy sent to us (whether scanned or an original print version).
- Extracts and Quotes. If you would like to extract a few paragraphs from the article, please do so by crediting us with the following hyperlinked statement, “Read the full article on Singularity Hub, a publication of Singularity University.” with a DoFollow link back to the original article. If you would like to extract a short quote, please do so by including the source’s name with a hyperlink to the original article.
- You cannot edit the contents of our articles. If you feel there is a need for material edits, please contact us.
- Audio and Video. Any audio or video content that contains a republish button may also be republished under the Creative Commons license set forth above, and the same attribution requirements will apply.
You must include the auto-generated HTML code at the bottom of the post that provides us information through page view analytics. This provides our team and authors with valuable insight as to when and where our content is being republished. If you have any further questions regarding our distribution tracking system, please contact us.
- Using the republish button and copying the HTML code into your CMS is the simplest way to comply with our guidelines. Every post contains a unique distribution tracker code that helps us analyze and differentiate between our posts that get republished on various sites. When republishing, please be sure to double check that you are using the correct code for each specific article.
- The distribution tracker does not collect IP addresses and all information collected is anonymous. Data the republish tracker may collect includes:
- Page and Site Information
- Website source of publication
- URL of the page
- Browser Information
- Browser name
- Screen resolution
- User Information
- The user’s IP address is not collected in Google Analytics as it is personally identifiable information and would violate GA’s terms.
- We will only use data for our organization’s business purposes. We want to uphold privacy as much as possible for our readers and are not tracking specifics on individual users. Furthermore, we also suggest that any site republishing our content use SSL and fully encrypt their traffic. Free certifications can be acquired via Let’s Encrypt.
- Our distribution tracker has been thoroughly tested and will not impact your page load time.
- Page and Site Information