[intro]We're excited today to officially announce the new direction of our site![/intro]
Singularity Hub, published by Singularity University, has operated since 2008 as a scitech blog offering daily news coverage, feature articles, analysis, and insights on key breakthroughs and future trends in exponential technologies. Today after months of planning, Hub emerges as an independent science and tech media platform serving the public and the greater Singularity University global community.
In addition to the science and tech domains we've focused on for years, we will be expanding the scope of our coverage to highlight how technologies are being leveraged for social impact and utilized to tackle global grand challenges. Furthermore, we'll be showcasing an increasing roster of writer and contributors providing the latest insights on how exponential technologies are shaping the future.
To better support our readership, we've implemented a number of key features into the site:
- Ad-free browsing! That’s right, thanks to support from our membership, we’ve completely removed ads from the site
- Mobile-friendly responsive design allows you to read the latest on any device
- Multiple ways to find stories whether from the structured menu, story grid, or various streams, you'll be sure to find interesting reads
- Trending and Editor's Picks highlights the stories you won't want to miss
- Discussion posts provides our community a place to discuss the issues surrounding tech and the future (please note: these posts will replace the old Debate Central)
- Inline comments and favorite posts allows readers to engage more easily and keep track of posts you want to return to
- More stories from Singularity University will keep you in the loop about all the amazing work of SU companies, alumni, and partners
With our dedicated editorial staff and a increasing network of experts, our stories will continue to keep futurists, researchers, entrepreneurs, science enthusiasts and technophiles up to date and connected to the growing Singularity University community worldwide.
And that's not all...we'll be rolling out even more features in the coming months, so stay tuned.
Thanks to all for your support over the years and enjoy the new Singularity Hub!
[image credit: interplay design courtesy of Shutterstock]